I go for my second fill of saline in a little while. Maybe I'll move from an under-A-cup to an A. My mom said I looked sort of like I was 13. I think she has me confused with one of my sisters. I was the late bloomer. I look more like I did when I was about 16, I think. Except for the stretch marks from being pregnant and nursing. Wouldn't you think the plastic surgeon could get rid of those somehow??
Over the weekend I thought of so many things to write about that I didn't do any of them. I read two chick-lit stupid books instead. Brain candy books. I have sworn off make-over shows for awhile. They only make me think I need to get my teeth bleached, my hair colored, and my tummy liposuctioned. Of course the chick-lit books make me think I need to go out and buy Dolce and Gabbana clothes and Manalo Blahnik shoes, but I don't even know what those would look like, much less where to get them around here. So maybe I should lay off the chick-lit books too.
My sermon went pretty well, I guess. How do you ever know? It felt good to be back in the pulpit, but honestly, right now I would be happy just to be a Sunday School teacher, and maybe sometimes read Scripture in the service. Carrying the whole service yesterday was exhausting. Maybe it's all the surgery. Maybe I'm out of practice. Maybe I'm just not feeling very called right now....? Maybe the muscle relaxer I took this morning has affected my call. Does being called into ministry involve muscle? If so, which ones? The heart, surely. Maybe the back muscles, for shouldering all the burdens of others. The arm muscles for holding babies, moving chairs, carrying books, and locking up the heavy sanctuary doors when no one else does. Whatever muscles are involved in guilt because I didn't call who I said I would call over the weekend. Leg muscles for standing in the pulpit, walking in the CROP Walk, and walking up and down the stairs to my office.....arguably the hardest thing for me right now, especially with a laptop.
If I could figure out how to enable comments on the blog I would invite anyone else in minstry to share what muscles they thought were involved in a call. But I haven't figured it out yet. And I don't think anyone has read this blog. Maybe because I haven't given the address to anyone I know! Except my husband. Or did I dream that? It's the Ambien, I can't remember. Mr. Incredible, if you are reading this, let me know.....
Monday, October 23, 2006
Muscle relaxers
Posted by Queen Mum at 9:51 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I like your blog.
Dan
It definitely involves all the muscles you describe. I hope you are feeling better today and sorry I didn't read this sooner.
Blessings on you! I am reading and loving your writing. Hang in there. The muscles, they will re-strengthen. They are meant to.
Oh sweetie, praying for strengthening, patience for yourself, courage as you mount the pulpit again, clarity inspite of the muscle relaxers, and God's love.
I wish I could hug you, but I am afraid I might hurt you where you had surgery, so here is a soft hug.
And by the way, it uses all our muscles, even our brain muscle, and muscles we never knew we had.
I read your blog since you joined revgalblogpals. More will come.
i'm here, and it seems others are too. i think you're right about the muscles--and I think Abi's right about the muscles we didn't know we had too.
I hope your weekend is beautiful.
peace
Post a Comment